¡Hola a todos!
We are already halfway through the semester and most of you are now working on your midterm exams. For this reason, we thought that this would be the perfect moment to cheer you up by reminding you about some of the reasons why studying abroad is awesome!
- Learning a foreign language. Whether you like languages or not, being able to speak a language other than English is a great advantage. While studying abroad, you do not only learn a new language in class but also in real-life situations! This means that you get to learn words that you would never learn in a language class, including some slang words that locals use all the time.
- Getting to know other cultures. When you are abroad, you come across different traditions and customs that can help you understand how people in other countries think. The best thing is that, if you like them, you can incorporate them to your daily life when you come back home!
- Making new friends. Being abroad and speaking other languages means that you do not only meet other Americans, but also international students and local people. And having friends all around the world is the best excuse to travel.
- Getting out of your comfort zone. It is only when you try new things, when you really learn and acquire new skills. Being abroad does not only contribute to your resume, it also helps you to learn more about yourself and to become a more independent and resolute person.
- Doing new things every day. One of the best things of studying abroad is being able to answer ‘two hours ago’ or ‘today’ when asked ‘when was the last time you did something for the first time?’. In addition, when you come back home, you will have lots of stories to tell your family and friends.
- Appreciating your family and friends even more. Spending a time away from your usual social environment helps you reflect on how much you value them.
Can you think of more advantages of being an exchange student?
Have a fantastic weekend!