At Educational Services Abroad, our goal is to make our programs respectful to our planet and accessible to everyone. For this reason, we have developed sustainability and diversity  initiatives to be implemented in our forthcoming programs in 2021.

On the green side, ESA goes carbon neutral traveling! We love to travel, but we are also very conscious of the impact that traveling has on our environment and we want to do our part to lessen that impact. We commit with our clients to offset 95% of our programs’ ground transfers and flight carbon emissions, in partnership with the initiative CarbonFund

But, why only 95%? Well, the other 5% will be covered by our program participants. We are all in this together and want to encourage our students and group leaders to join us on to help protect our planet. We will provide:

  • Pre-departure guidance for a greener trip 
  • On-site orientation on local sustainability systems and practices in your host destination (recycling, environmental challenges, or local rules)
  • Guidance on how to make your program more sustainable.
  • Actions participants shall take to decrease their impact to cover that 5% (or more!) of their emissions. 

Join us in this initiative for a greener planet, we can’t do it without you!

And last, but not least, at ESA we are committed to diversity and inclusion in our programs. Studying abroad is a wonderful opportunity, and we believe that everyone should be able to experience it. In order to actively contribute to that mission, we have created two diversity scholarships for students enrolled in ESA programs. Please, check all the information and don’t hesitate to apply!