ESA Sustainability

At ESA we love to travel but we also know it is one of the major contributors to climate change and we are committed to reducing our impact. These are some of the measures we have implemented to make our programs more sustainable.

Carbon offsets

We reduce the carbon footprint of our programs by offsetting the airfare and group ground transportation through donations and partnership with Sustainable Travel International.

With this initiative, ESA is offsetting 95% of the carbon emissions of the flights and ground transfers of the programs we operate and we ask the program participants to cover the remaining 5% during their program.


We provide recommendations to students to make their program (and lifestyle) more sustainable.

Additionally, we strive to work with environmentally friendly local providers that have a sustainability certificate or hold sustainability as a main part of their mission. We also reduce and reuse  and provide eco friendly materials to the participants.

We look forward to partnering with you to build a sustainable future.

Let’s work together!

Have ideas for a program in Europe?
Just some questions to get started?


    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License